The Glory Thief

Divine Mercy Sunday is drawing near. Join us beginning on Good Friday, April 6, 2012 for the Divine Mercy Novena.

In preparation for the Novena which culminates in the Feast of Divine Mercy, here is another installment in our series on Divine Mercy.

+   +   +

Paperback edition of
St. Faustina's Diary
During the night, a soul I had already seen before visited me. However, it did not ask for prayer, but reproached me, saying that I used to be very haughty and vain..."and now you are interceding for others while you yourself still have certain vices." I answered that I indeed had been vain and haughty, but that I had confessed this and had done penance for my stupidity, and that I trusted in the goodness of my God, and that if I still fell occasionally, this was indeliberate and never premeditated, even in the smallest things. Still, the soul continued to reproach me, saying, "Why are you unwilling to recognize my greatness? Why do you alone not glorify me for my great deeds as all others do?" Then I saw that this was Satan under the assumed appearance of this soul and I said, "Glory is due to God alone; begone Satan!" And in an instant this soul fell into an abyss, horrible beyond all description. And I said to the wretched soul that I would tell the whole Church about this.

- St. Faustina, Diary, 520

+   +   +

What is your favourite Divine Mercy experience, story, or quote? Share it with us in the comments section!

For more information on Divine Mercy, see the links under "Devotions" in our sidebar.

Comments