Healed By Divine Mercy: One Woman's Abortion Story

Divine Mercy Sunday is drawing near. Join us beginning on Good Friday, April 6, 2012 for the Divine Mercy Novena.

In preparation for the Novena which culminates in the Feast of Divine Mercy, here is the first in a series on Divine Mercy.

+   +   +

"Let the greatest sinners place their trust in My mercy. They have the right before others to trust in the abyss of My mercy. My daughter, write about My mercy toward tormented souls. Souls that make an appeal to my mercy delight Me. To such souls I grant even more graces than asked. I cannot punish even the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to My compassion, but on the contrary, I justify him in my unfathomable and inscrutable mercy...." 
          -- Our Lord to St. Faustina Kowalska, Diary 1146

Psalm 27:10[1]  For my father and my mother have left me: but the LORD has taken me up.

The following excerpt is from the article "Divine Mercy In My Soul,"[2] by Theresa Bonopartis. Theresa relates how, finding herself pregnant at 18, she was pressured into having an abortion. Abandoned by both of her parents and then by her boyfriend, she shares with us how the abortion impacted her subsequent marriage, her health, and the effects it had on her other children. And she shares with us how she finally found healing through Divine Mercy.
"I didn't want the children to see me crying again, so after putting them to bed I closed myself in the bathroom, crouched on the floor, and repeated over and over, 'Jesus, I trust in You.' I don't know how many hours I did that, but well into the night an experience changed my life. I experienced being on the Cross with Christ. But instead of encountering suffering, I felt love so intense that it was capable of taking away my pain. His love washed away my sin and I knew my healing was complete."
+   +   +

What is your favourite Divine Mercy experience, story, or quote? Share it with us in the comments section!

For more information on Divine Mercy, see the links under "Devotions" in our sidebar.

Endnotes


[1] http://newadvent.org/bible/psa026.htm

[2] http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/abortion/ab0062.html

Comments